Thursday, June 9, 2011

:(

I have been avoiding this post for a week or so now. These last weeks have been heavy and sad, and coming here to update and move on has been something I have been avoiding. Though I have been away from the forums and from my log, I have not been away from my habits otherwise. I have, other than a few meals on a few days, stuck to the PN habits and done my workouts. This consistency has served me well. In an otherwise impossibly stressful time, these things have been an anchor and a comfort. As a result, I have gained only 1.5 pounds of weight, which for me is nothing short of a miracle. At one other stressful time in my life (though it was nothing like this), I gained 20 pounds in two months. My measurements are really no different and I actually think I'm a bit more defined and trim than I was a month ago. I emailed Krista to see if this was even possible and she assured me that it was. At least I'm not crazy in that regard.
Can you tell I'm avoiding the meat of the issues?

Ok, so, my dad died unexectedly May 1st. After spending the week in Tennessee for the funeral and tending to business, I was only home in Florida for less than 72 hours when my brother called to tell me Mama had fallen and broken her hip. Her hospital course was horrible and due to some significant negligence on physicians' parts, she ended up almost dying and spending five days in intensive care. Had she not had medical personnel at her side, she would have died. Despite being the youngest, I am the one my siblings turn to in times such as these, and I am the often the one left making difficult decisions, and there were lots of them. In short, it has been a horrible 6 weeks.

Thankfully, my mom is a fighter and she is getting better day by day. Her insurance has decided they're tired of paying for rehab (if anyone's elderly family has Blue Cross Blue Shield Advantage as their form of medicare, get the OFF of it NOW), so she will be coming home Friday. I will leave after work Saturday morning and spend next week doing our own set of rehab....and dealing with some other family issues that popped up today.

Behind the scenes, many of you have known these things and been popping into my life here and there to give me support and love. I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate those thoughts and prayers and sentiments. Though I only "know" all of you on the internet, it does not lessen our friendships to me, and you mean SO much.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad. Losing a parent is the absolute worst-and it being unexpected is really hard. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    Fingers crossed for your Mom and her rehab. I hope she continues on her road to recovery. Must be hard for her to lose your Dad and having to go through a accident as well-she must be tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. take some time to meditate when you can. Even if it's time in the bathroom. It doesn't have to be long =... but check in with yourself with deep breathing. keep in touch with your mom and she will get stronger. LIke the new pics of you. you are looking marvelous. simply marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, I will continue to pray for you and your family. I know that these times are very stressful. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your Dad. I know that you were very close to him, and I'm glad that you have memories and outstanding pictures to honor him. Hang in there, girl. If you believe in a higher power, know that you are being cared for and guided, even during these trying times. Hang in there, and reach out to me if there is any way I can be of help or comfort. Love ya!! - NK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, ladies. I have been overwhelmed by the love and caring my friends, both near and far, have bestowed upon me. There are good days and bad, but always I feel the love and always I remember he is with me because he is an integral part of who I am.

    ReplyDelete