Friday, November 9, 2012

Challenges

Sometimes the idea of doing "a little more a little better" seems like such slow progress. Day in and day out, it's difficult to appreciate where we are going and where we have been. Occasionally though after weeks or months (or sometimes years) of trudging away after a goal, we randomly experience something we never thought possible.

For months on and off, I've been doing handstand walkups and holding them for a while as a part of some of my workouts. After seeing pic after pic of my RKC buddies doing one-armed handstands, I decided to see how far I could get. Imagine my surprise when I nailed it first time! I was dumbfounded--especially when I did it again, and then on my less strong side! I was bubbling with excitement.

With the coming of autumn and a return to standard time, the light wanes quickly but it is certainly beautiful when it's here. ...and the Gym Jen lighting system is a fun change up to the routine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment