Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Turns Out It's Uncertainty

Over the last few weeks I've grappled with emotional eating more than I have in the last two years, and I have found that odd. Surely losing both my parents and my babygirl would stress my resolve as much as it could be stressed. I have turned my stressors over and over in my mind, and I think I've reached a pretty fair conclusion. I can deal with certain pain--or certain happiness. It's uncertainty with which I struggle. As we change from our current lifestyle, and prepare for the next phase of life, things are taking a while to fall into place, and that is wearing on my emotions. The last major weight gain I had was over twenty pounds in two months--in a time of great uncertainty. Better mind my P's and Q's.

1 comment:

  1. Time is the enemy in times of uncertainty. Especially for a control freak like me. I was just telling Stephen that this morning because I am not only stress eating but I become more irritable and small things are made big. I don't really even care about the small things that I just made big, I am just stressing about the uncertainty. Once I realize that... I stop and force myself to tell him i'm not upset about this- it's actually this. Correcting my verbal reaction.

    ReplyDelete