Friday, July 3, 2009

Things That Make Me Smile From the Inside Out.

Thursday, July 2, 2009
Work--162#
107+ degrees heat index

Because we all need to focus on this sort of thing more often...
Five things that make me smile--first from my heart then outward. And I made the rule for myself that none of them could be the ones I think about being so grateful for every single moment of every single day.
1. Watching my puppy-dog canter. I think she must have had all the puppy stolen from her before we got her. She doesn't really know how to play, but sometimes she tries, and when she does, she canters...with her big golden ears flopping and a crooked doggy grin. She is beautiful, and I love her SO much.
2. A good,cold, ripe watermelon...with some salt.
3. Hot, muggy nights.
4. Clear, starry nights as seen through the sillhouette of the pine trees.
5. A brisk, solid acceleration all the way from 1st gear to 5th (or sixth if I'm in the Focus). Pedal to the floor and open road ahead.

WORKOUT:
5 rounds of...
20kg C&P x 1 R/L, 20kg C&PP x 2 R/L, 16kg C&P x 2 R/L (I added another 20kg C&PP)
5 Perfect Elevated Pushups
10 20kg Walking Lunges
5 double 20kg Deads.
30 sec of Plank
Rest 2 min.

20kg Tabata Swing

30 Challenge Burpees in 5 min 10 sec.

YESTERDAY'S WORKOUT:
16kg Essentials

21 min of...
30 sec jumproap
50sec rest
30 sec 20kg swing
50 sec rest

At first, this seems like a lot of rest, and I start thinking,"Maybe I"ll drop the rest interval." Then, as the 20 minutes progess, I need every bit of that recovery. :)

4 comments:

  1. I was smiling yesterday when I found out you'd be in Ventura! I can't wait to see you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And all but no.5 don't cost a cent! Good for you, Jen. We're on the same page, it it makes me smile from the inside out knowing that there are other like-minded folks out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen,
    You're right. It's great to know we're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I agree with Stephen -- it made me smile to know that there are other people like me out there.

    ReplyDelete