Sunday, June 13, 2010

Slow Progress

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Really?! Three weeks already since I got back from CK-FMS?! Damn, time is really getting away from me.

I have been plugging away, but I have to admit that it has been less than a 100% effort. My work schedule has been solid, and the days I am working have been full tilt boogie all night long. Nights like that drain a person in a way I can't even begin to describe. Until this weekend, even all of my days off were booked full of activities, so there has been little time for decompression. My resolve softens in times like these. Sometimes I think it's my body telling me it needs a breath. I know I have trouble keeping "in tune" with my body, so I struggle with trying to figure out whether I am lazy or whether my system is unraveling. Regardless, I only worked out four days last week, and my nutrition has been off, not horrifically, but off. The extra 30-60 minutes of sleep and the Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey sucked me right in.

I am still steadily working Pavel's Fighter Pull up Plan for advancing my pull up, my pistol, and my push up numbers. The progress might seem a bit lame, but it is undoubtedly progress and for once I am trying to allow myself to be proud of it instead of being ashamed that I am so lame that such numbers actually are progress.

TODAY'S WORKOUT:
Purple band assisted pull ups/Perfect push ups: 4/11, 3/10, 2/9, 1/8, 1/7--Just so happens this is the first time I've ever done more than 10 push ups--at least the way push ups are supposed to be done.
Partial Pistols: I went from going down to my platform with a sandbag on it to going down to the bare platform today. 3/3, 2/2, 1/1, 1/1
100 16kg snatches in 7' ~15". I was doing this in 5 rounds of 1'30" and I decreased it to 1'25" today. Unfortunately, I had to go a little over.

1 comment: