Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm A Flounder

Monday, November 24, 2008
Work 6p-8a

Thanks to all of you who have sent well wishes to me and my dad. He is doing fairly well at home now, though not drinking nearly enough water. He'll go back to have labwork done tomorrow or Wednesday to make certain his kidneys are continuing to recover. I can't even imagine how tired he must be. I'm still worn out from the 36 hours I spent in the hospital last week, and he was there for 6 days not to mention having his carotid roto-rooted.

For the last couple of weeks, I've really felt a little lost, like I'm floundering around a bit. My last program from David ended about 6 weeks ago. I decided then that I needed to be able to construct a productive, progressive program on my own, so I began to put together my own program to see how I could do. I think I did okay constructing the program, but I just don't feel as dedicated to it somehow. I'm not as driven not to miss a workout, to roll my ass out of bed and get the job done. This combined with a lack of purpose (no forseeable competitions/meeting of the kettlebell minds) leaves me feeling as if I have no direction. Usually I don't need any specific thing like this because getting leaner and stronger is motivation enough. Lately, though, I've not had much motivation to do anything. My apartment is a wreck. I have about a gajillion loads of laundry that need doing and at least 5 computer tasks that take precedence over either of those yet I just sit on the couch--not even with the laptop. I just sit. Or sleep. So I have to figure out how to get my butt in gear.

SATURDAY'S WORKOUT: I did the VO2 max protocol with a little improv. I started out doing it with 12kg swings like I have the last few weeks, but after the first 5 minutes, my fingers were feeling pretty good, so I went ahead and did 8kg snatches. I finished out the rest of the 40 minutes getting 8-9 reps/set. My biceps and brachioradialis are still sore.

SUNDAY'S WORKOUT: I did this one after work when I got home Monday morning, just didn't get out of bed early enough Sunday afternoon to get it done.
For time--which ended up being 18min 5sec:
20 squat thrusts--5 swings
18 ST--10 Swings
16 ST--15 swings
down to 2 st--50 swings.

TODAY: No Workout, barely got up in time to eat before work.

2 comments:

  1. There is s season for everything. It is easy to get sluggish in the winter, plus you don't have the urgency you had when prepping for RKC.

    Oh yeah, there's the rest of your life affecting you too....

    Rif told me once that all your stresses go into a box, and when the box is full that's it. It matters not if the stress is work, training or an ailing father, it all costs recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. u cant get awesome all the time. not to mention that when u get it done anyway- when you really dont feel like it- is when it really counts. when you have to earn it is when it makes the biggest mark on you.
    you'll get it.
    if you need some motivation we can do a challenge together. i think i've got some ideas.
    keep ur head up.

    ReplyDelete