Friday, August 22, 2008

My Chile Lesson

Thursday, August 21, 2008
156#
Work 6p-8a

I found a new treat at the grocery when I went day-before-yesterday, fresh chile peppers. I wished for them all last winter as I cooked a gajillion pots of chili, one of my favorite things to eat. I scooped up a huge bag of them while I was there, so I would have plenty to freeze. Then I started cooking my batch of ground turkey. I usually put 1/2 cup of chile powder to 2 pounds of turkey, so I decided to put 3 whole chile peppers in instead. I got about halfway through chopping the first pepper when I decided that two would probably be enough since my hands were now afire and I was beginning to have the same dry, hacking cough I got the time the cops had to pepper spray one of my unruly patients. About this same time, I began to have vague memories of reading a recommendation to wear gloves while working with peppers. Quickly casting those thoughts aside, I chose to keep chopping. After all, I've worked with all kinds of peppers all my life and never had a problem. I'd wash my hands when I was done and be just fine. Eighteen hours later, my hands still burning, I decided I'd be wearing some gloves next time.
WORKOUT 1:
6 rounds of
30 sec of double 12kg squats (got 4/set for all but one set when I got 5),
30 sec of double 12kg presses (4/set except one set with 5)
30 sec rest
3 rounds of snatch ladders with 12kg
10/10, 15/15, 20/20
David didn't specify rest time for this, so I just did each round straight through, having to drop the bell from the last of the 20 reps on each side in the last 2 rounds. I rested 2 min between rounds. I will reduce the time between rounds as I go through the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment