Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"If You Could Bottle This Up..."


Tuesday, April 8, 2008
14w 2d to pics--167.5#

Off

I hopped in the car yet again yesterday to drive to Nashville and squeeze in a workout with David. It was yesterday or wait 'till May. Honestly, I was in a seriously bad mood on my way there. Nothing would satisfy me--no playlist on my iPod, no Serius station, nobody on my contact list. I was under an ugly black cloud.

I think it spawned not only from the nightmares I've been having lately but also from the damn 168# I saw on the scale yesterday morning--5 pounds in 10 days. I'm hoping that the majority of that is water weight from the boiled peanuts I had on the way home and some other factors. And I'm hoping that extra 5 pounds--and maybe a little more--will be gone by the time I leave out next week for Florida again. My measurements are more-or-less the same, only a 1/4 inch increase at the waist, so that's somewhat reassuring. Next trip, though, I'm gonna tighten up those calories a little bit more.

All is not for naught, though, if I can learn from what happened, so I tried to analyze what happened and this is what I found. I made three critical mistakes on this last trip...1. 3 desserts in 10 days. From this I learned (other than the obvious)... Splurges that are not planned are not worth it 90% of the time. Of those desserts, only one of them was planned and in retrospect, I couldn't even remember what one of the three was until I thought about it for a few hours. 2. About 1/3-1/2 of the days I just flat had too many calories--around 2200-2800. This stemmed mainly from piss poor planning. I only cooked 2 meals in the camper. Should have been more. 3. LOTS of Splenda. I truly believe this makes a difference. I DID keep up my workouts, though. Gotta give myself credit there.

So back to my Nashville trip...I did a little shopping while I was there. Got a few clothes that actually fit. And found myself another hat... This picture doesn't do it justice, but I thought I would include it anyway.

And after my beating I left with a smile on my face and a warm, fuzzy feeling in my heart. Can you imagine what people would pay if we could just bottle that feeling up? Endorphins rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment