Sunday, December 28, 2008

December 28, 2009
Off
When I was in Florida earlier this month, we went to the High Springs Christmas parade. It had been at least 6 or 7 years since the last time we had been to one, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Sitting in 60 degree weather to watch it didn't hurt either. :) One of the reasons I really wanted to go was to practice my low-light photography. Here are a few of my favorite shots.

These ladies were in group of all white horses, each lit like this with lights in the manes and around the saddles. I'd never seen anything like it. They were absolutely beautiful.
Here's another angle.

If you look, you can see the biplane on this float. It was for an organization for the developmentally handicapped in Gainesville.

Even the band members were lit up.

This was not only my favorite truck in the parade. It was the prettiest Christmas tree.


These ladies weren't all on white horses, but they all had on silver capes that were lit. They rode in a weaving pattern all the way through the parade.


These guys were the second funniest in the parade. See, they're in a dump bucket on a garbage truck.

These guys win the prize, though. Yes, those are Hari Krishnas in a Christmas parade. Apparently there's a temple in Gainesville. And, yes, they sang, "Hari, Hari Krishna" all the way through.

This was my favorite tractor--not because it was a John Deere, just because it was the prettiest and had the cutest little old guy on it. I'm an International kinda girl myself.

Cutest Mary and Joseph.

The U of Florida vs. Alabama SEC championship game was on during the parade. This fellow was intently listening. One float even had a TV playing the game.

This group gave out oranges and grapefruit instead of candy. I was quite impressed.
WORKOUTS: I've definitely not jumped into things as whole-heartedly as I should have. Life just kept getting in the way. I got in a total of 3 workouts for the week. They were all really good ones, though, in that I felt them afterward--not necessarily in terms of feeling good and strong during them.

THURS: 20kg TGU 1/1 x 2
3--5 rung ladders double 16kg C&P
3--3 rung ladders double 16kg squats
Finisher: 16kg 2 swings R, 2 snatches R, 1 swing R, switch, repeat on L--Repeat all for a total of 5
Rest 1 min. Repeat the whole thing 3 times.
This was a good workout. Not necessarily strong, but definitely good. I'll be building on this in the coming weeks. I'm gonna drop down to 3--4 rung ladders or maybe three rung, a fair number of those last presses were push presses. Then I'm gonna start building. I'll build on the existing squat ladder.

FRI: 16kg
20 squat thrusts--5 swings
18 ST--10 swings
on down to 2 ST and 50 swings
Done for time and made it in about 18.5 min.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful parade, nice workout too. I am getting back to business today - I didn't workout last week at all - I usually never miss a week but I had a sick little one and was really just tired. Hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. honestly, the horses with the lit manes actually kind of scare me for some reason. dont know why.

    that ST/swing workout looks ugly. i'd say i'll give it a shot but i really don't want too.

    i want you to try the double snatches into double MP's that I did the other day. do a few and see what you think. bring weight back into the rack twice before going back btwn your legs was actually really shitty and much worse than what i was expecting. i think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete