Monday, July 28, 2008

Variation On A Theme

Monday, July 27, 2008
158.5#
Work 6p-8a
Slept 5.5 hours

Tracy Rif had a stroke of genius that is used more than I think she could have ever imagined when she decided to cut up a tube sock and use it to protect her hands. For those of you unfamiliar with this, please see her idea here: http://tracyrif.blogspot.com/search?q=sock+sleeve.

As I was using these one day, my cheapo tube socks had a strange weave to them that was biting into my hand when I used the heavier 16kg bell. So I went in search of something softer. As I was rummaging through my sock drawer, I tripped up on some Nike ankle socks with the elastic in the arches. I cut out the elastic area in the middle, put the cushey part that is supposed to be on the bottom of the foot in the palm of my hand, and went to work. I liked it so much, I found the other pair of socks I had like that and made some more. I decided to take pictures and share with that one, though. The downfall to this style of these is that you have to find just the right sock with an elastic that is wide enough and soft enough, and even then, I'm not sure they would be wide enough for people with big hands to use. When I rip a callous and have to protect it to get my workout in, this are my go-to now. I hope you find this useful.

WORKOUT 2:
I was running a little behind, so I changed the rest scheme on this workout. I liked it quite a bit this way, so I think I'll just do it this way from now on (barring David's putting the kaibash on that idea).

6 Rounds of the following:

8kg Split squat-30 sec R/30sec L (consistently got 4-5/side/set)

Pushup-30 sec (consistently got 10-12 wide leg pushups per set which is improving because until today I've had to drop to the knees for at least one set)

Deck Squats for 30 sec (First 2 rounds weighted with 8kg. No weight on last 4. I still think it's probably more difficult without the weight, at least at the bottom. I got 4-5 per set.)

Double 12kg C&P-30 sec (3-4 per set)

Rest 30 sec.

Then 10 sets of double 12kg snatches. I got 8 reps on each of these sets but two in which I got 7. The best I've been able to do here is 9 per set for pretty much the whole round. I couldn't find that rhythm today, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment