Thursday, February 12, 2009

Perspective

Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Work 6p-8a
Brandi, Candace, me and Kim at the end of our shift tonight. Kim is due to have her first baby girl in June. :)I am at the end of my second 14 hour shift, looking ahead at three more. They are my final shifts at my current job. Usually, five shifts in a row would fill me full of dread, the idea sitting like lead in my gut until the end, when the dread is replaced by relief. This run, though, I am savoring the minutes which seem to be flying by. I am looking at my workplace, my friends, the patients I've seen time and again with new eyes and feeling a new appreciation for what I have had here. I have never taken for granted the caliber of people with whom I work, nor have I taken for granted the facility or the community, but as i prepare to leave them, I find myself noticing the minutiae a little more. And the minutiae are what make a place a notch above. I am going to dearly miss this place and these people who I have grown to love.
WORKOUT: None today. I took it off.

YESTERDAY'S WORKOUT: Squat thrust/swing time challenge 20"20'= 10 sec faster than last time.

MONDAY'S WORKOUT: 4 5-rung ladders of green-band assisted pull-ups/pushups
5 2-rung ladders of assisted pistols. The pullups/pushups were especially hard this time around.

20kg TGU 1/1 x 5

20kg tabata swings.

NO WORKOUT: Saturday and Sunday. Being sick coupled with moving just sucked.

1 comment:

  1. hey jen! thank you so much for the sweet comment about my new blog. i really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete