Friday, May 30, 2008

Life Isn't Fair

Thursday, May 29, 2008
11w to pics--164.5#
Work6p-8a
Slept 9 hours.

Boy, did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed! I woke up seriously pissed at the world. Then the damn scale showed an increase yet again. And I just really have not been diggin' work lately and really didn't want to come back tonight. So my workout suffered because my head was just not in it. And I squandered my time for dinner with the hubbie because I was being a titty-baby.

Wah, wah, wah. Boo-friggin-hoo.

About a third of the way through my shift, I checked my e-mail and got a message telling me to suck it up because life isn't fair (and this person didn't even know the magnitude of my crappy mood). And though my mood still isn't exactly sunny, my head is officially out of my rear. Because, no life isn't fair. It's not fair that I am smart, and healthy, that I have the most wonderful husband in the world who loves me dearly and whom I love dearly, that my family is absolutely amazing, that I have a job that pays well and for which there is never likely to be a shortage, that I have so many friends that I can't find the time to talk with them all as much as I would like to, that I could continue this list forever--yet I still bitch and moan and complain just because I can't get my weight to be what I want it to be.It's not fair that the only thing that isn't wonderful about my life is the fact that I am not an aesthetically pleasing woman who can eat whatever she wants to and still be thin while so many went to sleep tonight with no dinner at all, no sense of being loved by another, no family to lean on. No life isn't fair. I definitely got the long end of the stick.

WORKOUT:
12kg TGU's 10/side=8min 40 sec

5 rounds of...
Double 12kg
Snatch x 8
Thrusters x 8
High pull x 12
C&P x 8
Alternating row 8/8
Swing x 20
REst 90 sec

My goal is to do that above round with only setting the bell down at the end. I have 2 more chances to hit that. I was closer today in that I didn't set the bells down between the snatches and the thrusters for the first 3 rounds. Then after that rest, I motored on through setting them down only for a couple of seconds to reset. I don't think I'll be able to motor through all 5 rounds without stopping by next week, but I'll be satisfied to do it for the first three.

Then...12kg snatch 25/25, 20/20, 15/15, 10/10, 5/5 with 90 seconds of jogging between rounds.

As noted above, my head just wasn't in this workout, and I was out of the groove for most of the time. The reps were crisp and right, but that little "something" just wasn't there. I'll do better tomorrow.

OH, and LESLIE...
Thanks for the feedback.Glad you enjoyed the video. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment