Monday, May 26, 2008

Self-Discovery

Sunday, May 25, 2008
7w3d to pics-163#
Off
Slept 13 hours.
Life is all about self-discovery, I suppose. Discovering who I am, what I'm capable of, where I'm going, and how I'm going to get there. Corey and Amie's wedding was nice and somewhat illuminating. I got up, worked out, and rode with Kevin and Melissa to Hubb's for dinner.  All dressed up and out with friends who were drinking was just too much of a temptation.  I had bread and a drink for dinner and things spiraled from there. I learned from the skydiving incident that visualization works (for weeks before, I visualized myself going out that door, and when the time came, I didn't remotely hesitate).  I know now that I have to use that same tool to my advantage with regard to diet. Specifically, I have to visualize myself staying away from bread, letting it sit on the table undisturbed. It's very much a trigger food for me. I have to make an active plan for going out and solidify that in my  mind before heading out the door. I didn't do that last night. Instead, I had a loose outline for the evening which allowed me to easily deviate. I tend to get angry at myself about these things, but I need to at least take these opportunities to learn about myself and how NOT to repeat behavior. Tomorrow is another opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment