Saturday, May 3, 2008
10w, 4d to pics--165 friggin pounds.
Work 8p-6a (Day 8 in my 9 day stretch)
8 hours sleep (which I have consistently been getting the last week--forgot for the last little while to be posting this)
This whole 9 day stretch has been much better than I had anticipated. Undoubtedly the 10 hour shifts as opposed to my usual 14 hours has helped tremendously. As a matter of fact, I'm kinda diggin' 'em. It's also helped a lot, too, that the patient volume has been quite low for the last week which is very unpredictable and could just have easily have been higher than usual. I'm definitely glad the cards fell in my favor. I've been very pleased, too, that I've stuck to my guns during this tremendous stretch. I haven't missed a single workout though I have shuffled them slightly a couple of days. I could have easily made excuses and felt sorry for myself, but I made them happen regardless of how pitiful I felt and how far my lower lip poked out.
I did drag-ass yesterday a.m. when I got up to go to work, but I just did my workout when I got home from work this am. Interestingly enough, I forgot my workout notebook in the Jeep and didn't want to go out in the cool and wet to get it, so I just recorded my reps for the workout not knowing what number I had gotten last time. Usually I have the last workout's number in my head as a goal to beat. This time I just had to go full out and hope it was better. Turned out okay. Then I went to bed, slept a solid eight hours and got up and did my workout for May 3rd. That puts them a little close together, but it didn't seem to matter. My workout this afternoon (my "today") was rockin'.
WORKOUT May 2: Light Workout 1:
1. 12 kg TGU--AMAP in 15 min:3/3, 2/2, 2/2, 2/2, (1/1x5)=29 b/c the last rep was after the beep. This is the same as last week.
Rest 5 min.
2. 12kg Snatch--AMAP in 15 min: 25/25, 20/20, 15/15, 10/10, 10/10, 8/8, (5/5 x 10)=276-20 more than last week. I only set the bell down twice for less than 5 seconds each time.
Rest 5 min.
3. 8kg squat + pushup--AMAP in 15 min: 15/15, 12/12, 12/12, 12/12, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10 5/5=86/86. For this one I have no comparison. I went down on my weight for this exercise b/c my knees have been angry at me. I seems to be helping b/c my knees aren't aching nearly as much.
WORKOUT May 3: Heavy Workout 2:
1. 16kg C&P--AMAP in 15 min: 5/5, 4/4, 4/4, 3/3, 4.4, (3/3 x 6), 2/2, 1/1, 1/1=42/42--5 more than last time.
Rest 5 min
2. 12 kg Split Squat--AMAP in 15 min: 6/6, (5/5 x 3), (4/4 x 3), 3/3, 3/3, 2/2, 2/2=43/43---4 more per side than last time. I thought about going down to the 8kg for this, but my knees were feeling good, and I was feeling froggy, so I kept my usual weight and went on. Tonight my knees aren't bad, but they're definitely expressing their displeasure with my decision.
Rest 5 min.
3.16kg Swing--AMAP in 15 min: 80, 70, 70, 100, 110, 40=470--45 more than last time. These were done as a combination of 1hs and 2hs.