Monday, October 6, 2008

Narcoleptic Dreams

Monday, October 6, 2008
Work 6p-8a--154#

The hubbie and I decided that neuroscientists should develop a way to hook up to people and see their dreams. I'm almost certain that I could syndicate mine. Sleep rarely comes to me without amazingly vivid dreams. Though I've not yet learned to bring about a specific dream on command, when I have a type of dream that is familiar to me, I can control it. For instance, when I dream about flying, I can fly where I want, swirling and swooping, landing and taking off as I please. When my maternal grandmother was alive, we would go to her house every Sunday for dinner which she would cook while we were all gone to church. It was always a magnificent Southern feast, and when I dream about watching her cook it, I can ask her to tell me certain stories I used to love or ask her to cook a specific thing that I have been craving. As you might imagine, I love having dreams like these.

The dreams are not, however, always good ones, and I am apparently more stressed about the RKC than I thought I was. Today I dreamed that I went outside to do a few snatches the day before leaving for the RKC, and I just could not turn one out no matter what I did. And the bells kept having wierd defects. One's handle was to thin to grip and wobbly, about to fall off. Another looked deceptively small but was just too heavy. No amount of effort would put any of them overhead. I awakened tense and full of dread.

When I did finally drag myself out of bed, though, my workout went okay and consisted of...

WORKOUT: 3 sets of 15/15 16kg snatches, 1 min apart.

On a lighter note, I went to see Mom and Dad last week and got the chance to snap a few pics. Here are a few of the ones of Gypsy. She is a border collie, Australian shepherd mix who is quite entertaining. Can you tell she loves my dad?


2 comments:

  1. I have nightmares fairly regularly. I read once that grown-ups who have nightmares (which is not that common, according to this article) are nire creative than those who do not have nightmares. I like that!

    Great workout, BTW. You are going to do great at the RKC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a sweet dog! I love it!

    I dream vividly as well... I have been taking ZMA (zinc, magnesium and B6) regularly for over a year.

    ReplyDelete